DIY Natural Room Scents – If you know me, you know that I LOVE me some scents! Candles, Scentsy, etc. (even those wonderful cinnamon scented pine cones you can get at the grocery store!). If it smells good, it’s either going straight to my nose or somewhere in my house. So it comes to no surprise that the moment I saw these wonderful natural room scents on Pinterest, I could not resist making them!
The wonderful thing about these room scents is that they are ALL Natural ingredients found within your pantry. There is nothing artificial about them. I mean, who really knows how many artificial/toxic ingredients goes into these so-called air-fresheners!? Trust me, you will find these wonderful concoctions a breath of fresh air – literally!
What also makes these wonderful is the fact that they actually smell fantastic. All you do is simmer the ingredients in a pot, and your house will fill with wonderful, natural homemade scents! You will feel accomplished in the fact that you created the wonderful scent!
Let this recipe give you the freedom to be creative! There are no limits, you are free to add other scents and make it your own! I decided to get extra creative and put the scents within decorated mason jars. Just a little ribbon and decals can go a long way! They make great gifts, which is what I did my making each jar personal by adding my friend’s name on the jar. So many possibilities!
Believe me people..these work wonderful and they smell amazing! Don’t waste your money on expensive candles, waxes, air-fresheners, etc. Make your own!!
DIY Natural Room Scents – Orange Spice
- 1 – Orange (Sliced)
- 3 or 4 – Cinnamon Sticks
- 1 tsp – All Spice
- 1 tsp – Ground Cloves
- 1 tsp – Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp – Vanilla Extract (I used imitation, since its cheaper and you’re not eating it!)
- 3 or 4 – Star Anise (You can find this in the spice section)
- 1 – Small Mason Jar ( You can find these cheap at the dollar store!)
DIY Natural Room Scents – Lemon Mint
- 1 – Lemon (Sliced)
- 1 – Cinnamon Stick
- 7 or 8 – Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 tsp – Vanilla Extract
- Slice up your orange to the size of your choice and then add the slices to your jar.
- Add your spices and vanilla extract.
- Fill the jar to the rim with cold water.
- Pour ingredients into a small pot.
- Bring to a boil then simmer and allow the steam to flow through your house!
- Be sure to keep an eye on the water level as it will run out and may need more.
- After heating, simply pour back into your jar. You can get several more uses of scents before they begin to fall apart.
- They can store well in the fridge from 2 weeks to a month in the fridge because being heated. After heated, you’ve got a couple of days.
- They also freeze well if you want to store them long-term!
Of course you are free to add more or less of the ingredients, depending on how strong you want your scent to be! You can find plenty of other variations on the web, or you can experiment and make your own. My favorite is the Orange Spice! It is strong and can be easily used again.
P.S. If you haven’t noticed, I’ve taken a significant break from blogging. I haven’t stopped cooking, baking, being crafty, writing poetry or been at a creative dead-end. I’ve just taken a break from publishing it to the world and have taken some time to enjoy things just to myself. Okay..let’s be honest, I got a little burnt out on my blog! Hopefully it was only a phase. I’ll be back posting weekly again soon! Miss you! xoxo