The perfect side dish to any Mexican meal – this Cilantro Lime Rice really packs the punch with flavor. Many think of the traditional Spanish rice as the side dish of choice, but the Cilantro Lime is sure to become a new favorite. It has a fresh and exotic taste, with the cilantro and lime taking control of flavor, but not too over-powering. I paired it with some black beans for side dishes to my wonderful Chicken Tortilla Soup – what meal will you pair it with? 🙂
- 1 Cup – White Rice
- 1 Tsp – Butter
- 2 – Cloves Garlic (Minced)
- 1 Can – Vegetable Broth
- 1 Cup – Water
- 2 Tsp – Lime Juice/ 1 Tbs – Lime Juice (Divided)
- 2 Tsp – Sugar
- 4 Tbs – Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- In a medium sauce pan, combine rice, butter, garlic, water, lime juice and broth.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover and cook on low or until rice is tender. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cilantro, sugar and tablespoon of lime-juice.
- Mix into rice..all done! What an easy side-dish with great flavor!